Monday, August 24, 2009

So Anyway, There I Was...

...Upstairs in the 'study' getting the last of my college work done for the week. Upper level classes, getting down to the wire, needless to say, I was stressed.

Oldest Son calls up from the bottom of the stairs, "Dad! Can you come down here and help me for a second?"

**grumble, grumble** **cussin' like a drunk sailor (under my breath, of course. He's 7)**

"Yeah, buddy, I'll be right down."

I head on down into the kitchen, where lo and behold Oldest Son has the makings of 2 sandwiches spread out all over the counter, messy as could be.

"Dad, would you mind cutting some cucumbers and tomatoes for me, so I can put them on these sandwiches?"

"Sure, kiddo, you got it."

So I do. And when I cut them, I head towards the 'study', back to work.

Before I make it to the stairs, Oldest Son comes running from behind me,

"Dad! Wait! I made these sandwiches for you! It's a ham, tomato, and cucumber sandwich, my own recipe. And..." **lowers voice, scans the room** "...it's got my secret indgredient. Mustard!"

Best couple of sandwiches I've ever had...

No comments:

Post a Comment